Print browsed records (1 record/line – list)

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Print browsed records (1 record/line – list)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Stefanos
    Participant

Hello all and a Happy New Year,

I am a relative new user of Tapforms, which resides on all my 3 devices (MBAir, iPadAir, iPhone5). In the Mac environment(Version 2.0 (387)): is there a way to print browsed records as a list? (e.g. search and find records according to a criterion, then print them out as a list). I tried to create a “print” layout, however it yields one record per page. Is there any trick to that?

Thanks

January 2, 2014 at 4:40 AM #8586

tonyt
    Participant

Hi Stefanos
    Try going to File…PRINT. There is a Tapforms section in the print management dropdown menu. There you can chose to print ALL / SELECTED as a table by adding the fields you wish to print from the Fields List. If you are short of space, switch to landscape. I still find there is not enough room for a record list with a form with lots of fields. The only way then is to export your record and fiddle about using Numbers or another spread sheet.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Tony

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    January 2, 2014 at 4:47 AM #8588

Stefanos
    Participant

tonyt,

thanks a lot! I have been there (File->Print)…the key wass to press the “show details” button, then the features are there!! Thank you for pointing this to me! And thanks for the export/import to a spreadsheet tip!

Stefanos

January 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM #8591

Brendan
    Keymaster

They key for that is also to select “Table of records”.

Also as a tip, if you’re in multi-column list view when you adjust the widths of the field columns, Tap Forms will use those widths to control the width of the field columns in the print out.

January 3, 2014 at 11:48 AM #8593

Mackay Steffensen
    Participant

This almost gets me to a point bento was never able to do. I am wishing to print multiple records per page, and this will do so, but I am looking for a little more control in layout. Implementing the ability to print labels would solve my issue as I could repurpose the function to then print multiple records on a single sheet. If/when you implement the labels feature please provide the option to print the records either across rows or down columns. Heres to a happy and productive New Year.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.