Previous iOS versions?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

David
    Participant

Now that Apple allows older devices running earlier versions of iOS to download the latest version of an App that works with that installed version of iOS, has Tap Forms opted -in or -out of this feature?

I’m looking to replace Bento, but have some devices that can’t run iOS 7. Am I out of luck?

September 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM #6753

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tepisch,

That’s more of an opt-out feature for developers. And I have not opted out of that feature. So you should be able to download the older version on older devices. The previous version supported iOS 5 and up.

Thanks!

Brendan

June 8, 2014 at 2:06 PM #10344

Clayton Dodd
    Participant

I see this is kind of old…but so is my iPad (v.5.1.1). Is it possible to be directed to an older version of Tap Forms for iPad. The Mac version is great!

Thanks,

Clayton

June 8, 2014 at 9:11 PM #10347

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Clayton,

I responded to your email regarding this issue, but I’ll respond here for the benefit of others.

The way to download old versions of any app is to purchase the current release in iTunes on your computer and then go to your device and view your purchase history and download the app from there. The App Store app will display a message asking if you’d like to download the latest compatible version for your device.

However, iCloud sync in Tap Forms will not work between a current and old version of Tap Forms.

Thanks!

Brendan

August 18, 2014 at 3:18 AM #10660

cology
    Participant

A related follow-up question: does this also apply for older versions of MacOSX ?

I’m running OSX 10.6.8, is an older compatible version available via AppStore ?

– Thanks

August 19, 2014 at 3:04 PM #10670

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Cology,

There was never a version that ran on OS X 10.6.8, so that wouldn’t work. The minimum is 10.7.5. The next update will require a minimum of OS X 10.9 Mavericks.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.