Possible Database Corruption

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

L B
    Participant

Running TapForms 5.3.4 (Build 937) on OS 10.14.1. We sync among another MB Pro, and iPad and 2 iPhones. I have a database of addresses that I use to print labels. One field is “Names and Addresses” which is defined to include salutation, name, street addres, city, state, etc.

I have used it successfully for 3 years or so. In the last few days, for some addresses we edited, the “names and Address” field will not populate with the data from the individual data in my database. Most of the individual names and addresses will still populate the “Names and Address” field as they should.

Any suggestions about how to get this form to work consistently as it should?

Thank you.

January 20, 2019 at 11:53 PM #33505

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi L B,

Can you please email me a backup of the document so I can experiment with it and try to find out the issue?

I’m assuming your Names and Addresses field is a Calculation field?

Do all the fields referenced in the formula still exist in the form? Maybe one or more fields in the formula was deleted?

If you send me the backup I can figure it out for you.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 23, 2019 at 11:31 AM #33528

L B
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan. I emailed the backup to you via support@….

February 2, 2019 at 2:37 PM #33621

L B
    Participant

Brendan, did you have any luck with figuring out the problem with the database I sent in to you through the support email> Thanks very much.

Larry

February 2, 2019 at 5:12 PM #33625

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmmm… I seem I have not received the email from you.

February 2, 2019 at 6:00 PM #33629

L B
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan.

Larry

February 2, 2019 at 8:05 PM #33634

Brendan
    Keymaster

Your Name & Address field appears to be a Text field.

Was it supposed to be a Calculation field?

February 2, 2019 at 8:06 PM #33635

Brendan
    Keymaster

Also I deleted the above attachment since you had it posted here for the whole world to download. I’m sure all those people in the file wouldn’t want their personal info shared with everyone. I’ve already downloaded it.

February 4, 2019 at 4:43 PM #33654

L B
    Participant

Sounds like it logically should have been a Calculation field. Changed to one and all is well again. Not sure why it was changed to Text, but that was the problem.

Thank you, Brendan.

February 4, 2019 at 10:08 PM #33656

Brendan
    Keymaster

Excellent! I’m glad that solved the problem.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.