Populating information from another file

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Art Demers
    Participant

I’m trying to track the league information at our golf course and have two databases League Names and League Logs. League Names would contain league contact the course the typically play, the day the league plays and the number of players in the league. The logs would track date, employee name, the number of league members that played and the start time/finish time. For this purpose, once I choose the league name from the dropdown, is there a way to pull the committed number of players and the day the league plays from the League Name file. That way i could track the participation rate for each entry in the league logs file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 16, 2016 at 11:17 AM #16329

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Art,

There’s no function in Tap Forms to copy in the values from another field in another form when you select the league name from a Pick List.

You can setup a one-to-many or a many-to-many relationship between two forms easily enough, but it would basically be like you’re looking at the League Name form with a list of League Logs records attached to it in a list.

See the chapter on Relationships for more information:

http://www.manula.com/manuals/tap-zapp/tap-forms-mac/3/en/topic/relationships

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.