Please clarify AUTO-LOCK, PASSCODE LOCK and DOCUMENT PASSWORD,

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Please clarify AUTO-LOCK, PASSCODE LOCK and DOCUMENT PASSWORD,

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Adrian Mathie
    Participant

I’m using Tap Forms 5.0.4 (568) on iPhone iOS 10.0.2

I’ve encrypted a database with a password. I have not set a “passcode lock”. When I close the database document and reopen it from the documents window I’m asked to supply the “document password” and invited to tap the “unlock” button. So, presumably the “document password” is the encryption/de-encyption password. This works fine.

However, when I have a database document open and with “auto-lock” set to “immediately”, I can switch to another app and back again without having to re-enter the encryption/de-encyption password. I can even put the phone to sleep and wake it up and Tap Forms will re-display my database data without requiring a password.

So my questions are:

What is the “auto-lock” function exactly? What is a passcode lock? After auto-locking, are you meant to enter your encryption password or the “passcode lock”?

If “auto-locking” is meant to be re-encrypting and requiring the encryption password, then its not working on my setup. Please could you clarify whether this a documented bug.

Finally, I’ve been trying to find the documentation/user manual to clarify all this. Please could someone tell me where to find the Tap Forms V5 for iPhone Manual.

Thanks very much. Hoping that this app reaches it’s full potential.

October 31, 2016 at 11:23 AM #20246

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Adrian,

The document password is the encryption key. I renamed it from encryption key to document password to make it more user friendly. Perhaps I was mistaken.

I have fixed this issue you address with the auto-lock function in version 5.0.5 which I have not yet published to Apple for review.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.