Pictures won't import

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Tom Blanken
    Participant

Hello – I’ve been a long time user of Tap Forms, but I’m having an issue. I’ve suddenly had a need to incorporate photos into a db and am having trouble importing them from the iPhone’s db over to the Mac’s db. Is there a step by step process for copying a db that I’ve created on the iPhone over to my Mac, and have the Photos be imported as well?

Here is what I did:
    – turned on Export Media in Tap Forms on my iPhone
    – went into Edit Form and hit Email Form to myself
    – went into the db and hit Export Records and emailed to myself
    – unzipped the db.zip file so that the .csv file and db photos folder are available
    – the .csv, .tff and photos folder are all together in the same directory
    – went into Tap Forms on my Mac and go to File/Import Form Template and brought in the .tff file
    – then went to File/Import Records, and located the .csv file

At this point, I have a db with 250 records, looking good on the Mac, but the handful of records that had photos attached to them on the iPhone do not show up in those records on the Mac.

I’ve got to be missing a step here – what is it? Thanks for the great app!

September 10, 2015 at 12:39 AM #14607

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tom,

At the moment importing photos is a manual process.

What you can do is locate where your photos are currently and then drag all the photos from your export into the same folder where the photos are.

To find the folder, add a photo to any record manually (or if you already have one), then click on the Show in Finder button (->) to view the photo in the Finder. Now drag all the photos into that location.

You should see all your photos appear as you scroll through your records now.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.