Pictures for printing

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Aaron Delia
    Participant

Hello All, is there a way in custom layout to show photos as they look in the default layout, it always shows the first photo based on the size of the frame I set , I need this so when printing it shows more than the first photo.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 8, 2022 at 10:21 AM #47458

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Aaron,

At the moment Tap Forms does not print more than the first photo on custom layouts. But it’s something I would like to enhance for a future update.

Just out of curiosity, would you expect it to squish every photo into the bounding box area of a photo field on the custom layout? So if you had 20 photos, it would show all of them? Or would you expect it to be able to pick just one photo to show, but be able to drag multiple instances of the same photo field onto the layout and choose for each instance, which photo to show? Just thinking about what the desired result might be for future versions of Tap Forms.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 8, 2022 at 12:39 PM #47462

Aaron Delia
    Participant

What I would like is to select which photos to print , as I am attaching several photos , some would be useful to print and some just for reference and will not need to print but if that’s too much to ask would be nice to make a full a4 bounding box and print all the photos in a full page bounding box

June 8, 2022 at 1:14 PM #47463

Chris Medeiros
    Participant

Personally, my vote would be the latter option of dragging multiple instances of the same photo field into the custom layout and choosing for each instance.

Along a similar enhancement request; Would it be possible to add the ability to reference a photo field in a calculation field from a child form? I would find that useful for automatically pulling in a product photo into a custom layout from a child form.

Should I move this request to a separate thread? I don’t want to hijack this thread?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 8, 2022 at 1:40 PM #47467

Brendan
    Keymaster

Right now you would need separate photo fields to be able to print an entire sheet with different photos on it.

As for referencing photo fields from a Calculation field, that’s not possible. But you can access the list of photos from a Script. But not the actual photos themselves. Just the metadata around the photos. Useful for building saved searches that might want to show only the records that are missing a photo.

June 13, 2022 at 12:54 PM #47485

Aaron Delia
    Participant

Do you have an estimate timeline when such feature enhancements can be implemented?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.