Picture file

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

dom
    Participant

Hello Brendan

Is it possible (or will it be possible) to chose the name of the picture you want to include in a record?

Is it possible to export only the pictures?

Thanks.

Dom.

P.S: is there a RSS in this forum?

September 27, 2011 at 5:15 AM #4852

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dom,

I just use the primary key of the database entry that references the photo file. So there’s no renaming of the photo file itself. But it’s something I’ve thought about. Just not many people will use it probably. You can copy the Photos folder to your computer any time you like using iTunes File Sharing.

There is an RSS feed for the forum and for my blog. In Safari, just click the RSS button. Not sure about other browsers.

Thanks!

Brendan

September 27, 2011 at 5:27 AM #4853

dom
    Participant

Thanks for the quick answer, Brendan. I guess I would like to import pictures and associate them with a specific record, using a “meaningful” name.

Take care.

Dom

September 27, 2011 at 5:29 AM #4854

dom
    Participant

BTW, whether I am in Bangkok or in Paris, you always answer within minutes. Don’t you ever sleep?

;-)) Or do you hav an alarm when receiving a new post?

Dom

September 27, 2011 at 5:36 AM #4855

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Dom,

It’s only 11:30 pm here in Calgary. Last night I went to bed at 4:00 am. Just love working on Tap Forms, so I have a hard time telling myself to go to bed when the creative ideas are flowing!

There is a way to import photos with your own names. You can use a <photo> field tag in your CSV header row and then import your own photo file names. Put your photos into the Photos folder using whatever name you like. If you create a directory in there, you would have to put the directory name in the CSV file. E.g. “cool-cars/pontiac-solstice-gxp.png” would be a value in one of the rows of your photo.

Then, Tap Forms will let you view the photo. The thumbnail will be automatically generated only after you’ve viewed the photo.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.