Picture Field Issue

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

John Harris
    Participant

Hi there,

I have am having two issues with picture fields.

When I first created the fields I found that pictures were disappearing after closing or backup. QUESTION : should original images be saved outside the database in order for the database look up or are they saved within the database? Any ideas why this might be happening.

Second issue is this. I have recently created a new picture field however it is not showing the controls. It’s just showing an empty container with no upload icons. Can you advise what the problem might be here?

With thanks as always – John

February 5, 2017 at 12:43 AM #21061

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi John,

The Photo field type stores pictures inside the database.

Can you launch the Console application and type Tap Forms into the Search field there? Then look to see if you have any instances listed that say something like “disk image malformed”. That’s the only thing I can think of that would cause the photos not to be saved.

For the second issue, try quitting Tap Forms and launching it again. Do the controls show up again? They should show when you hover the mouse over the picture field.

February 6, 2017 at 4:55 PM #21071

John Harris
    Participant

Hi Brendon – what is the ‘console application’ – where do I find it?

Cheers – John

February 6, 2017 at 9:23 PM #21072

Brendan
    Keymaster

Just type Console into Spotlight and it’ll come up.

All application are stored in your Applications folder and also within that the Utilities folder.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.