Picklist values not recognized after Import

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Picklist values not recognized after Import

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

fmk2
    Participant

I have a form that is grouped by the values in a picklist. When I export, edit and re-import the list, the grouping is no longer recognized and I have to re-select the picklist value for each record individually in order for the grouping to work again.

Is there something I can do to get the imported picklist values to be recognized without having to manually re-edit every record?

Thanks.

April 11, 2010 at 6:54 PM #4032

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello fmk2,

Are you re-importing into a new form? Or an existing form?

If you’re on the Files tab when you tap the CSV file to import, then Tap Forms creates a new form. If you go to the Records List view for the form or the Customize Form screen for the form, then tap the action menu (the little arrow at the top-right) and then select “Import Records”, then Tap Forms will show you a list of the Files from the Files tab’s Imports Folder. Select the CSV file that matches the form you’re importing into. Then Tap Forms will perform an update on all those rows that contain the record ID column and create new rows for those that don’t.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 11, 2010 at 7:06 PM #4033

fmk2
    Participant

Yup, that worked! Thanks!!

Frank

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.