Pick Lists Field and Date Field both Grayed out with other Pick list issues

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Pick Lists Field and Date Field both Grayed out with other Pick list issues

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Zippidty Doodah
    Participant

Added a field, chose Pick list I wanted. Came up find. Wanted to change it to multi-value popover, went back into prefs>pick lists and changed that.
    No matter what I try now (closing down the database, opening back up, quitting Tap Forms altogether, deleting the field and adding back in, exporting the records, creating a new document, importing back in, nothing works to allow me to choose a value from the pick list— there is no clickable action happening on the pick list field. Only using default layout, no special layout.

This is also happening with the date field in the same document.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 13, 2019 at 1:45 AM #36313

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Zippidty,

This is because you haven’t clicked the Edit button at the bottom of the record details view yet.

In order to edit a record, you have to click the Edit button. Now you can edit the values in the record.

If you want to turn off this requirement, go to the Preferences window and disable the “Show Edit/Save Button” option.

Then click on any other record.

You’ll now have full access to editing records without having to click the Edit button.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.