pick-list within a pick-list

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Ferdi Vissers
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to create a pick-list within a pick-list or a filter based on value chosen from a pick list. I use this program to track different serial numbers on equipment delivered to customers of my. So I have a lot of different vendors with a lot of different equipment. It would be nice to have a option to first select a vendor, and based on that you will have a pick-list with there equipment they have. Now my list is to long to handle on good way.

Best regard

April 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM #9703

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ferdi,

Nested Pick Lists have not been implemented in Tap Forms. I have been asked for this feature a couple of times before. I’ll take this post as a +1 vote.

Thanks!

Brendan

April 18, 2014 at 1:58 AM #9711

AJ
    Participant

+2 ;)

April 27, 2014 at 10:32 PM #9751

Luc De Cock
    Participant

+3 :-)

July 7, 2021 at 8:01 AM #44733

robinsiebler
    Participant

Is this really not implemented yet? Plus 1000!

Also, is Tap Forms still under “active” development?

July 7, 2021 at 10:46 AM #44738

Sam Moffatt
    Participant

Since this was posted in 2014, that’s still TF3 (desktop)/TF4 (iOS) so since then TF5 came out with support for multiple documents, leveraged a new data backend, nearby sync and CouchDB/Cloudant Sync options, image fields supporting multiple images and a pop out gallery view, the scripting engine, the charting system, access controls on the Mac, the markdown field type as well as improvements to various smaller features (e.g. extra functions for the calc system). Almost all features are parity between iOS and Mac as well (layouts I think is the biggest one missing from iOS). You can check out the 5.3.19 changelog for all of the changes in the TF5 series up to the current version.

I believe the current focus is to move to a newer data backend due to it not being supported any more and not being able to build against newer targets.

July 8, 2021 at 1:26 AM #44750

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Robin,

I work on Tap Forms every day. So yes, it’s still under active development. I’ve been working on it since 2008. It’s all I do. Oh, and I also mountain bike, and watch movies with my wife and kids.

And sometimes I sleep. :)

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.