Pick list UI in HD

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

lgol27
    Participant

While working in HD version, I noticed that when I click accidentally on a pick list text box the keyboard shows up. Then I click on the list box (or whatever the name of the control is, where you pick a value of the pick list) I get the list box in small size. This is probably to not overlap the keyboard. But my click on the list box button indicates that I don’t want to type. So it could be a better option to close the keyboard and to restore the list box to the maximum size(down to the end of the screen). Even if I close the keyboard manually the list box does not restore itself to the biggest possible size.

September 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM #4786

Brendan
    Keymaster

Fixed. The keyboard will now dismiss when you tap a pick list button.

September 8, 2011 at 8:49 PM #4791

lgol27
    Participant

You are so fast, sometimes I think you have fixed things even before I hit post button to complain!

September 8, 2011 at 8:50 PM #4792

Brendan
    Keymaster

Heheh… not that one. I fixed it based on your report.

September 9, 2011 at 2:52 PM #4806

lgol27
    Participant

I don’t know if your fix includes this(almost certain that it does) :

I have a number field and a datetime field. Press on the number field, get the keypad. Then select the datetime, the date selector shows, but the keypad would not close and the date selector is too small to do anything. I am talking about landscape mode.

September 9, 2011 at 6:49 PM #4808

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hmm… actually I don’t think it does. The fix I put in was specific to the keyboard being displayed when the focus was on the text field for that row and then the pick list button was tapped. I’ve already submitted this update to Apple last night, so this one will have to go into the next update. Sorry for the problem.

Thanks,

Brendan

September 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM #4810

lgol27
    Participant

This is not a problem. It’s more of an annoyance. I have iPad on my desk open on tap forms almost all day long, every day. So I will repot you all my findings big and small, as I will utilize the app as much as I can. If you prefer I can do it by mail.

September 9, 2011 at 9:05 PM #4811

Brendan
    Keymaster

I really appreciate all the great feedback you’ve provided. Thanks very much for that and keep them coming.

Yes, I’d prefer the reports to go directly to email. support@tapforms.com

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.