Pick list suggestion or bug?

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Guus
    Participant

At the moment I’m just playing around to discover your wonderful program and how I can use it best for my purposes. I like the (multiple) pick list option as well but…

If you go in a pick list you can click the small list icon and add checkmarks to the options you want. Then when you return to the list you see the options in a comma separated field. If later you want to add an option and you go press the small list icon again the selections you made before are not visible anymore. That’s not very convenient.

Can you show the selected options again with checkmarks?

November 8, 2013 at 10:49 PM #7484

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gus,

It should be showing the list of selected pick list values the next time you display the list. Do your pick list values have any commas in them? That could be the problem. Tap Forms uses the comma to separate the selected values. So if you have commas in your values, then that will be a problem.

Thanks!

Brendan

November 9, 2013 at 12:38 AM #7497

Guus
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Don’t think that’s the problem. I manually made a pick list and only entered in A, B, C and D as values. When I re-enter the record and go to the pick list it shows the selected options in the field (A, C) but after tapping the icon it doesn’t show in the list itself. See pictures.

I seem to remember doing something similar with a single pick list and saw the checkmark after I went in again. Could it be a single / multiple pick issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 10, 2013 at 8:02 PM #7541

Brendan
    Keymaster

Strange. That’s not the behaviour I’m seeing. Maybe it has something to do with the language or something. It looks like you’re using Dutch, is that correct?

November 11, 2013 at 12:18 AM #7550

Guus
    Participant

Yes, I use dutch. If I have time tonight I’ll make a second one (single and multiple selection) and try again.

November 11, 2013 at 7:37 AM #7554

Guus
    Participant

I found something.

When you go back into a record you see photo 1. I then enter the “Opties” field and – only then- press the list icon at the bottom. In that case I don’t see check marks I’ve selected. However if in Photo 1 I press the list icon at the left straight away I do see the check marks I’ve selected.

Is this the same in your version?

Guus

November 12, 2013 at 1:29 AM #7571

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Guus,

Ah yes, that is what’s happening. I never go into the field before I tap on the pick list button, so that’s why I never noticed it before. And I think you mean the pick list button on the right, not the left. :-)

Thanks!

Brendan

November 12, 2013 at 8:53 AM #7574

Guus
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Yes, my mistake, it’s on the right side.

I understand that you have to be able to go into the field in case you want to delete the pick list value. But once you’re in it’s very easy to accidentally change the value that way with the keyboard that pops ups. But I found a solution for that..lock change to record..nice! :-)

Guus

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.