Pick List Question

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Yvette M
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out which way to accomplish this:

It’s got to be easy and with a pick list, I’m guessing

If my form has a field labeled “Order #” and I use it to fill out the details of an item I purchased, how can I turn that field into one where if I have already used that order # before and am now filling out a second form that is a second item from that “order #”, then I want to be able to choose from a list of all the “order #s” already input. I think it’s called a dynamic list where it can get bigger the more items you add.

Please tell me the easiest way to accomplish this.

Thanks!
    Yvette

September 20, 2016 at 4:05 PM #19678

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, the Pick List function now has the ability to get its values from a field in the same or another form. So as you enter values into that field, the Pick List that’s referencing it will get those values added to it. When you create your Pick List you want to select the “Use values from field” option.

July 14, 2018 at 8:14 AM #29974

Mick Glossop
    Participant

Hi – I can get this to work when extracting a list from another Form, but not from the current Form.

There are no fields listed in the Field selector.

Mick

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    July 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM #29980

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mick,

Instead of using the Pick List for that, how about just enable Auto-complete on that field? That’ll give you a popup of values that you’ve previously entered into other records.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.