Pick list not working

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Ok I know how to use these, I know how to set them up.

I have just added a field to a database – text field – as type and pick list created and selected as the pick list t the bottom of the Fields pane to the right.

The field display shows as a pick list, but whenever I try to pick any value the drop down list appears, I can click on the value, but nothing appears in the cell??

I have done the usual tidy of the database in preferences, nothing……

January 18, 2015 at 1:06 PM #12729

Leo
    Participant

After picking an item leave the pick list by selecting outside the list

January 18, 2015 at 1:37 PM #12730

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Sorry leo that’s not the problem. Thanks anyway.

January 18, 2015 at 3:15 PM #12732

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Ok found the problem. The Export box was ticked, unticking that and it works fine. Weird.

January 18, 2015 at 3:18 PM #12733

Roger Neilson
    Participant

No that’s not the answer. That allowed me to use the pick list on one line of the database only…….

Grrr

January 18, 2015 at 3:26 PM #12734

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Okay, removed the field, put a new one in. The problem is that any input in a cell shows and then disappears when I click off the cell, so its not just a pick list issue. I seem to be creating fields that show in the database but cannot have any input?

Now this is really weird.

January 18, 2015 at 8:23 PM #12737

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

Are you trying to use a Pick List on a custom layout with the Layout Inspector panel visible? If so then you have to dismiss the Layout Inspector panel before you can select from a pick list.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 18, 2015 at 10:59 PM #12741

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Dismissing that didn’t do anything either, but when I switched to the default layout then it allowed me to input via a pick list. Seems a rather obscure problem that one.

January 19, 2015 at 1:47 AM #12743

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Roger,

As long as the Layout Inspector panel is NOT displaying, the pick list should function properly on a custom layout. Try clicking back on your custom layout after having clicked on the Default Layout and see if they’re functioning again.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 19, 2015 at 1:50 AM #12744

Roger Neilson
    Participant

Just tried that, still only works if I am using default layout.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.