Pick List Freeze

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Tosh Brice
    Participant

When adding multiple items from a Pick List I discovered a missing item so tried to edit the List (Tools / Edit Pick Lists…) without closing the Pick List first. The program froze and I had to Force Quit (tho’ it did not show as unresponsive in the Force Quit list). Not really a bug but not ideal behaviour?

August 6, 2017 at 12:43 AM #23911

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Tosh,

I’m not sure what caused that. Are you just using the [-] button to delete a specific value or was it the entire Pick List you deleted? That should work fine to just delete the value.

August 6, 2017 at 12:50 AM #23912

Tosh Brice
    Participant

Sorry I was not clear:
    I was intending to add an item to the Pick List, but didn’t get that far:
    I had a Pick List open and had already selected several items. Instead of closing the Pick List before editing it through the Tools menu, I clicked on Tools / Edit Pick lists and (IIRC) it froze as soon as I clicked on the specific List (which was still open). The program stayed frozen for 1/2 a minute or more. At that point I Forced Quit, although the program was NOT shown as unresponsive.

August 6, 2017 at 12:52 AM #23913

Tosh Brice
    Participant

The Pick List was not deleted and I did not lose any data.
    No harm done at all

August 6, 2017 at 9:50 AM #23916

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah ok. I understand now. Thanks for the explanation. That’s interesting. I’ll look into it.

But you can add a new value right from the select function by typing into the field at the bottom and clicking on the [+] button while you have the select a value popover open.

August 6, 2017 at 9:57 AM #23917

Tosh Brice
    Participant

Thanks, yes, I know about adding from the popover but wasn’t sure what would happen when I had already selected several existing items?
    (Also, the added item is not placed in alphabetical order.)

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.