Photos rotated

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I have a database of garden plants. I’ve included a photograph field and I take the photos with an iPhone then sync them to my Mac via iCloud – all well and good. Except that the photos show fine on the phone but are rotated when they appear on the Mac. This seems to be a new problem – I’m sure it was working previously. Any ideas – that don’t involve me having to take all the photos again?

May 6, 2014 at 9:55 PM #10054

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lizzie,

Darn. I did make a change to the way photos are saved on the iOS version. I had a feature request to maintain the EXIF data in the photo when captured on the phone. But I guess that seems to have caused this issue when displaying the photos on the Mac.

I will investigate that further.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM #10055

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lizzie,

If you use the Photo scaling options, does it still behave this way for you?

You can choose mini, small, medium, large, or original for the Photo field on the Field Options screen.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 7, 2014 at 12:23 AM #10056

Hi Brendan, Thanks so much for your speedy reply. I actually have photo scaling set to medium with thumbnail display as large. It was under this setting that the problem has arisen. I haven’t tried other settings – is that what you are asking?

By the way, I think Tap Forms is absolutely awesome. I’m relieved it wasn’t available ten years ago when I was writing databases for a living. I’d be bankrupt by now. It’s so easy anyone could use it.

May 7, 2014 at 2:46 AM #10057

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Lizzie,

Can you please try the “Original” photo size setting just to see if it has the problem then? It may be an issue with the scaling of the photo.

Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad you’re enjoying Tap Forms. It’s definitely a fun product to work on. At least in my eyes. Always wanting to make it better. But sometimes weird stuff happens that I don’t anticipate or was unable to test on the variety of machines and configurations that are possible. So I’m sorry about this rotation glitch. I’ll do some more testing with the scaling routines. It gets tricky with the EXIF information because a photo could be rotated, but the EXIF data says it’s not, or vice versa.

Thanks!

Brendan

May 13, 2014 at 8:33 AM #10124

Hi Brendan, yes, you are right. Once I set the photo size to Original the problem goes away. Thanks a million.

May 13, 2014 at 7:01 PM #10131

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Lizzie,

Well I’ve fixed this bug for the next update anyway.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 13, 2014 at 10:32 PM #10134

You’re a star!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.