Photos not displaying

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Hi,
    My records are not displaying the photos on my Mac. There is a little eye next to a little image of the actual photo when it’s in the spreadsheet form (multiple records displayed). However, when I try to display individual records, there is no photo.

Also, I switched to Dropbox for syncing, as you suggested, and I’m still unable to open up my database when I’m not at home.

I’m frustrated by both issues because I need to be able to access my database anywhere.
    Thank you,
    Faith Shabat

February 22, 2016 at 1:34 AM #15985

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Faith,

Is the “Enable Sync” switch still turned on?

Also, if you navigate to your iCloud Drive folder, do you see a folder called “Tap Forms HD”? If so, is there a Photos folder there? Are there any photo files inside of it?

What do you mean you’re unable to open your database file when you’re not home? What’s preventing you from doing that?

Thanks,

Brendan

February 28, 2016 at 12:13 PM #16006

German Herrera
    Participant

Hello,

I made imported a bento database. As Faith above, I can not see the images in the record screen, the list screen shows the thumbnails fine. Any suggestions?
    I tried copying all the images to the Library folder following an instruction you gave in a previous post I can not locate now, but this did not seem to work.I am not interested in syncing with iCloud or dropbox because the images are not small.

Please advise,

Thanks,
    Germán.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 28, 2016 at 1:01 PM #16011

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello German,

You have the correct location for the photos there so they should show up. In your case, sync isn’t an issue I guess. If sync is off, Tap Forms looks for the photos here:

~/Library/Containers/com.tapforms.mac/Data/Documents/Photos

Which looks like the folder you’re displaying in your screenshot.

You could try to export your records as a CSV file and then look at the values in the Photo column to see if they match the names of the photos in that folder.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 28, 2016 at 1:09 PM #16012

German Herrera
    Participant

Well, here is the capture for the export, no value shows in the image field.

Thanks,
    Germán.

Attachments:
    February 28, 2016 at 2:01 PM #16017

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s odd. I just tested it and I do get the photo file names in the CSV file export.

Attachments:
    February 28, 2016 at 2:15 PM #16019

German Herrera
    Participant

May it be that when I imported the file the path to the image got lost? If so I guess it would be a matter of relinking but, how do you navigate to the Library to do that for each image? Being a hidden directory there is no direct way of doing that.

Is there a way of pointing TF to another folder for images?

Thanks.

February 28, 2016 at 3:26 PM #16022

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi German,

You could simply drag the images one at a time onto the Image field from the Finder in Tap Forms for each record. That’s how you can re-link them.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 28, 2016 at 4:15 PM #16024

German Herrera
    Participant

Hi Brendan, that is a solution, to be repeated 800 times. I assume there is no way of changing the location of the photos TF uses, is this correct?

Thanks,
    Germán.

February 28, 2016 at 6:46 PM #16025

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Hi Brendan, Thank you for all of your help. You guys are more sophisticated than me. I found the photo files in my iCloud folder, but I have no idea how to link them to the appropriate record. Like German, I see thumbnails in the list view but don’t see all of the photos in the record screen. Yet, some of them are there.
    Please advise this novice!!
    Thanx,
    Faith

February 29, 2016 at 5:09 PM #16029

Faith Shabat
    Participant

Hi Brendan and German,
    I just set my database to sync to iCloud instead of Dropbox and now all of my photos display in the record screen on all my devices. However, when I’m in a Starbucks, Im afraid I will get the “spinning wheel” and my records will not open up. I will try it tomorrow and let you know the results.
    Although I’m frustrated, I’m not ready to give up on Tapforms yet.
    Thanx,
    Faith

March 1, 2016 at 4:17 AM #16032

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Faith,

One thing you can do is go to the Cloud Sync popover, then click on the Enable Sync switch to turn it off. Then when prompted, select the “Keep a Copy” option. That’ll copy all of the photos from iCloud to a different folder on your disk. Then switch to Dropbox. See if that gets you what you need.

Thanks,

Brendan

March 3, 2016 at 8:06 PM #16041

German Herrera
    Participant

Hi Faith,

Thank you for your suggestion, this may not work for me since my image field is not pointing to the folder where the images used to be, there is not path for it to link to.

Brendan, a couple of questions, is there a way of pointing TF to another folder for images? Not the library?
    The library is still another external folder that may get separated from TF, causing me to have to do this manual import yet again in the future.

Thanks,
    Germán.

March 4, 2016 at 1:05 AM #16043

Brendan
    Keymaster

hi Germán,

No, there’s no way to tell Tap Forms to look for photos in a different folder. Sorry.

Brendan

March 6, 2016 at 10:55 AM #16055

German Herrera
    Participant

Thank you Brendan.

Germán

Viewing 14 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.