Photos display upside down

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Kristen Moreland
    Participant

Using TapForms V5.3.7 on iPhone 11Max running IOS13.2.3. I took photos using the camera on the iPhone. Tried to add them to a record in TapForms – all three photos add upside down. I found another recent thread on photos appearing in the wrong orientation – tried changing the image size from Original to Large – no impact to the orientation. Two photos are landscape orientation, one is portrait orientation (but not portrait mode). Moved the photos to my Mac, added them through the version running on my Mac (MacBook Pro running Catalina and TapForms 5.3.8). They added in the proper orientation on my Mac. Synced the two TapForms and the photos are still in the correct orientation on my iPhone.

So short summary – photos added through the iPhone app are rotating still. Last month photos added ok – not sure what version of IOS13 that was or what version of TapForms.

November 19, 2019 at 5:40 PM #38102

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Kristen,

Do you mean completely upside down like the photos are on their head? Or just rotated to the left 90 degrees?

And does this happen if you use the Select Single or Select Multi options? Or is it just with the camera?

November 19, 2019 at 5:55 PM #38104

Kristen Moreland
    Participant

Depends on the photo – the landscape oriented ones are upside down (standing on their head). The portrait oriented one is rotated left 90 degree.

I selected single image earlier.

Just tested multi-select – the photos come in ok in the correct orientation. Even selecting one through multi-select is ok. Also just tested and camera seems to be ok too.

I’m attaching a screen shot in a dummy record I created (duplicated from an existing record). I added the two photos using the single photo option. As you can see the landscape oriented photo is upside down and the portrait oriented one is rotated left.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 20, 2019 at 9:17 PM #38139

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well that’s odd. I haven’t seen an upside down shot before. But you say it’s ok using the camera in landscape and portrait photos? But just not with the Single Select.

Is it all photos come in either upside down or rotated to the left depending on their original orientation when using Single Select?

I know others have told me this is happening. But I can’t seem to reproduce it with the photos I have or take with the camera.

What’s the original source of the images? The Camera app from the iPhone and then you use the Single Select option in Tap Forms to select the photos?

November 20, 2019 at 9:45 PM #38143

Kristen Moreland
    Participant

Correct – no problem using the camera from within the app in either orientation. Typically I use the camera within the app but I knew I wanted to message these photos to a friend and post to Facebook which is why I took the photos outside of the app. And that is correct – I used the default camera app that is on the iPhone to take them and then single select in TapForms to add them.

Any photos I took or take with the camera app and bring in using Single Select come in rotated (how much depends on original orientation). Screenshots captured of the iPhone screen using the iPhone screen capture function don’t rotate when saved into TapForms and come in ok. Photos that were taken with another camera (non-iphone) and sent to me also import ok using Single Select. Photos which were taken on a different iPhone 11Max (using the camera app) and sent to me also import rotated.

So based on my limited testing it seems to be limited to Single Select and photos taken with the iPhone camera app (and not calling the camera from within TapForms or using the two button screenshot function).

<sarcasm>Isn’t it fun troubleshooting when you can’t reproduce the problem?</sarcasm>

November 20, 2019 at 11:50 PM #38145

Brendan
    Keymaster

hehe… ya, don’t I know it.

Would you like to be invited to my TestFlight beta tester’s group to get early access to the betas? Maybe the version I’m using has already had this issue fixed. I know that I did work on it not too long ago. But maybe my latest fix didn’t make it into the latest release.

If so, please email me and I’ll add you.

Also, if you could email me a couple of photos in their original formats (not scaled) that illustrate this issue, then I can test it out here too.

November 21, 2019 at 4:34 AM #38149

Kristen Moreland
    Participant

Sent you an email regarding the beta test. Will email photos this afternoon after work (no cell phones allowed in my work building).

-Kristen

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.