Photos always flip

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

bigcaat
    Participant

Can anyone tell me why when placing photos they always flip to a mirror image? Is there any way to avoid or rectify this?

Thanks,
    Caat

June 20, 2019 at 5:06 PM #35110

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Caat,

This is because you’re probably using the camera button to select a photo on the Mac and then choosing a photo from there. Instead you should use the (+) button to select a photo. The camera button is useful if you want to take a photo using the FaceTime camera on your Mac. When you do that, Tap Forms automatically flips the photo so that you get the correct perspective.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 20, 2019 at 8:42 PM #35111

bigcaat
    Participant

Where is there a (+) sign? I don’t have that option.

June 20, 2019 at 10:34 PM #35112

Brendan
    Keymaster

It shows right above the camera button on the Photo field on the Default Layout.

Which version of Tap Forms are you using?

June 21, 2019 at 8:42 AM #35114

bigcaat
    Participant

Nope. Version 5.3.7 (Build 1819)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 21, 2019 at 8:44 AM #35116

bigcaat
    Participant

Oh, nevermind. DEFAULT layout. Just found it. Thanks.

June 21, 2019 at 8:47 AM #35117

bigcaat
    Participant

So there’s no way to do it in a customized layout? If I were to upload a photo to the default layout, it wouldn’t show up right in my customized layout. My layout is pretty complex and I use a LOT of photos that I have to see all at the same time.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 22, 2019 at 12:10 AM #35119

Brendan
    Keymaster

On a custom layout, click on the open folder icon. I really should change that to a (+) button.

June 22, 2019 at 11:56 AM #35121

bigcaat
    Participant

Okay. Yes, a (+) would be good because I usually open the photo in preview, then just drag it in so I can resize it to what I want in the database. Adding it through the open folder doesn’t give me that option. It just places the whole photo there.

When people email me photos of their animals, I need to see their faces. I usually open and tweak the brightness in Preview then, in TapForms, I enlarge them to just the part I want to see.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.