Photo in Notes field

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

I am used in to include photos in Notes field of my forms and it worked perfectly till recently.

Now, when I want to edit a Notes field which had a photo inside, the edition windows revert to plain text, ie I lost the photos and the text formatting. If I close the window without any edition the texts is back as it used to be, ie with the photos and the formatting.

Is it linked to the last update ? I would really appreciate to get back the previous ability to include photos in the Notes field.

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Laurent

March 5, 2024 at 4:06 PM #50590

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

I sent out a couple of updates recently dealing with the Notes field. Can you check to make sure you have 5.3.40?

Thanks,

Brendan

March 5, 2024 at 8:23 PM #50591

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Yes, 5.3.40 is the version I have on my Mac.

On iOS, latest version, the Notes field handles the photos without issue.

Good day,

Laurent

March 6, 2024 at 1:46 AM #50595

Brendan
    Keymaster

Strange. So I’m not seeing that behaviour. Can you make a new record, paste in a photo into your Note field and then quit Tap Forms and re-launch it and check the Note field again? Did the photo remain?

March 6, 2024 at 5:02 AM #50599

Laurent
    Participant

I have created a new record added some formatted text (bold) and a photo in the Notes field, saved and closed (quit) TapForms. After relaunch, when look at the Notes field of that record I can see the photo and the text formatting OK but a soon as I open the Notes field for edition, the photo and formatting is not there anymore.

March 7, 2024 at 12:38 AM #50601

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you check to make sure you don’t have the Plain Text Note option enabled for that Note field?

March 7, 2024 at 12:39 AM #50602

Brendan
    Keymaster

Although it wouldn’t show you the photos on the record if you had that setting enabled.

Can you try exporting your form as a Tap Forms Archive file, then import that into a new, empty document and see if that behaviour persists in the new document?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Brendan.
    March 7, 2024 at 6:10 AM #50605

Laurent
    Participant

Yes, I confirm that Notes field is not “Plain text” enabled.

I have exported the form and imported the .tfarc file into a newly fresh empty document but to no avail, the same issue persists.

March 7, 2024 at 11:41 AM #50608

Brendan
    Keymaster

Is there a chance you could email me the .tfarc file so I can look into it here to figure out what’s going wrong and then fix it? support@tapforms.com

March 7, 2024 at 1:07 PM #50609

Laurent
    Participant

I have added a Notes field in your “Sample Forms – My Movie Library”.

In the first record, the Notes field includes a text in bold and a photo. As soon as you open the field for edition, the formatting and photo disappear.

I am emailing you the .tfarc file right away.

Thank you for your help.

March 9, 2024 at 10:10 PM #50616

Laurent
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Thanks a lot for having quickly corrected the issue with your last release for macOS !

Your support never disappoints !

Great day to you,

Laurent

March 10, 2024 at 12:56 PM #50617

Brendan
    Keymaster

Awesome! I’m glad that fixed it. Sorry for the trouble in the first place.

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.