Photo fields

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

I have created a database in which there are two photo fields, one labelled ‘photo’ and the other ‘logo’. The images were placed in the fields by drag-and-drop. The database seems to lose its way with these images in a quite random fashion. Sometimes the logo image will appear in the photo field and vice versa and sometimes one image will disappear completely, and in photo grid view the images are taken at random from the photo field or the logo field. In the default layout the ‘logo’ field is the first field in the list and the ‘photo’ field is the 5th. The are a total of 210 records in the database. Any suggestions?

May 4, 2017 at 10:45 AM #22909

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do your images have the same filename in the same record perhaps? That may cause a problem like that.

May 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM #22969

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

Thanks. Yes, some do have the same file names and I am working through the records to see if it cures the problem.

Interestingly, if I close the database in grid view, when I open it again the ‘photo’ field shows in the grid i.e. the one labelled ‘photo’, despite being 5th in the list. If I then change to single-column list view, the ‘logo’ field appears (1st in list) as expected, but if I then change to grid view again the ‘logo’ field continues to take precedence. Not a problem, but interesting.

May 7, 2017 at 1:56 AM #22970

Brendan
    Keymaster

The Photo Grid View has an “Arrange by” popup button at the top of it. That popup button decides which photo field to use for the thumbnails. Whereas on the single column list view, it’s if the first field is a Photo then it displays it.

May 7, 2017 at 2:34 PM #22977

Laurent S
    Participant

I have an issue with the Mac app.
    When I drag and Drop a photo from the PHOTOS app of the MAC to a photo field, nothing appears, it seems the field takes the photo but leaves the field it blank.
    I don’t have the same issue if I process with my iphone, it works correctly.
    This is something new with the 5.1 update
    Could you please confirm this Brendan ?
    Thanks

May 7, 2017 at 10:03 PM #22985

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

I don’t think that worked in Tap Forms 5.0 either. You can drag a photo into Tap Forms from the Finder though. There’s something about the way that Photos handles the drag and drop stuff that I’m clearly not handling correctly. So you could drag to the Finder first and then into Tap Forms.

May 12, 2017 at 2:32 AM #23099

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

Altering the file names of one set of images cured the problem completely. Thanks.
    When opening the database in Photo Grid View there is a minor issue that on some occasions some images do not appear – the name is shown (2nd item in entry list), but the image is blank. The images can be re-instated by adjusting the image size slider.

May 12, 2017 at 4:42 AM #23101

Bryan Robinson
    Participant

One further observation. Whilst it is possible to have multiple images in the default view of a photo field, when you create a new layout only one image (the primary one) is displayed in the photo field.

May 12, 2017 at 9:30 AM #23106

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s by design. Tap Forms just uses the first image for the Photo Grid view.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.