Photo Field

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

bigcaat
    Participant

It seems that something has changed and I can no longer open photos in preview. I like that we can now resize the window in TapForms, but I also liked the ability to open it in preview if I wanted to do any simple editing to it, like make it lighter or something.

Also, is there any way to resize the photo itself once it’s in TapForms? That’s one of the reasons I liked being able to open in preview, sometimes I want to enlarge the photo so I just see the face or something. Now it seems like I would have to crop it completely and re-import it, once it’s in there. (I understand I can resize the first time I import from Preview, but it would be nice to have the option once it’s in there.)

Thanks, I hope I said that so you can understand. It’s early in the morning. :)
    Caat

July 27, 2015 at 12:07 PM #14320

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Caat,

Tap Forms changed the way it previews photos. It used to use Apple’s QuickLook, but there was a problem with that I was trying to solve and the solution was to display the image myself in a window. But that obviously removed the Open in Preview function. You can still click on the -> button to view the photo in the Finder and then edit it from there though.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 6, 2015 at 4:25 PM #14400

Debra Omel
    Participant

I also am looking for a way to crop the photo itself once it’s in Tap Forms. I’m considering converting from Bento. I use it mainly for a collection inventory. Cropping photos within Tap Forms without sacrificing the integrity of my original image is highly important to me.

Is it possible to crop the image size and window in Tap Forms as it works in Bento, or will you be providing an update with that ability soon?

August 7, 2015 at 9:21 AM #14406

RichBrown
    Participant

Can someone tell me if they experience the same issue.. I have a QR photo file that is only 42x42px. I have a photo field with the selection for size set to “original” when I put this QR file (png) into the field it blows it up terribly. Oddly enough when I click on “Enlarge” it shows up the correct size :( tiny…

Also when I create a new layout and I bring in the photo field, it then looks terrible. If I shrink it in size to about the size its supposed to be its unrecognizable..

Thanks

Rich

August 7, 2015 at 9:55 AM #14407

RichBrown
    Participant

I have attached a screenclip for you guys to see.. The original image is 42×60. When I drag this image to the layout, the screenshot is the result. If I shrink it to its actual size, it of course gets even worse.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    August 8, 2015 at 12:45 AM #14414

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Rich,

The minimum size for a photo field in Tap Forms is 32×32. So your 42×60 image shouldn’t cause this blurring. Can you please email me the sample image and I’ll investigate?

Thanks

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.