Phone number format on export

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Colleen Easley
    Participant

My phone number field formats beautifully when I enter a 9 digit phone number i.e. (206) 542-8878, but when I export to an excel file, I just get 2065428878 – not pretty at all. Is there something I can do to make it format with the (area code) brackets, etc? In the example below, the ones with the brackets are ones I imported from Bento, the one without, I just entered.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 11, 2015 at 8:26 PM #13140

Colleen Easley
    Participant

And further, I tried typing the phone number in with the correct formatting and it still reverts to just the plain 9 digits when I export it. Seems the only way I can find to get the export to format it would be to change it to a text field and enter the correct formatting at the time of data entry, which would be a pain.

March 11, 2015 at 9:13 PM #13141

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

Well, Tap Forms exports with just the digits because whatever program you import into should be the one to format it again to be in the proper format.

It looks like maybe you’re importing into Excel?

If so, then in Excel you can set the cell to use Phone Number formatting.

Thanks!

Brendan

March 11, 2015 at 9:22 PM #13143

Colleen Easley
    Participant

OK, thanks. Got it, just one more step that I didn’t have to do with Bento. I guess the reason I didn’t have to do it with Bento was I never really exported the file, I just copied and pasted from the spreadsheet view.

March 12, 2015 at 11:35 AM #13146

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen,

I’m working on that ability too.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.