Phantom Photos

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Matthew Janssen
    Participant

Really just trying to get my database in a happy state again. I’ve decided to wipe iCloud and start fresh using the data on my Mac. I’ve turned off iCloud syncing (and all syncing for that matter). When I did that it downloaded all of my data to my Mac. Great!

However here’s where it gets weird and confusing. For quite some time now most of my photos in TapForms were not really there. I would see the thumbnail on the item but the photo couldn’t actually be removed or viewed. Because of this, I decided to start over and just try to start over with no photos. The first thing I did was removed the Photos field from my form. Cool, no photos. When I look at my Preferences > Maintenance > DB Size: I see 14.2 MB which is about what I’d expect. (I wanted to keep the photos on a few of my forms but not on others – those photos show up fine). So, before I re-enabled iCloud and all that I decided to make a local backup. Using the Backup method in Preferences I noticed that the size of the backup file was 68 MB. Whoa! Where’s all that extra data coming from? So I opened the .zip and found a bunch of photos that were still being backed up (these were the photos that I no longer want – the photos that I do want were in there as well). Now I don’t know how to permanently remove those photos from my backup (and presumably my database). The same thing is also happening with a handful of attachments that I had on a few of my forms – I no longer want those either.

Any tips on how to get my db into the state that I want it? I’m at a loss as to what to do and I’m scared to do too much because I don’t want to lose all my data.

Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention these details:
    TapForms: TapForms version 3.5.3 (Build 665)

July 2, 2015 at 4:04 PM #14137

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you use the Export Records function from the File menu and enable the Export Media option, Tap Forms will copy into a folder all of the photos that are actually being referenced. You could do that to get the set of photos that you want and delete all the other ones that you don’t want.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.