PDF attachment

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Scott
    Participant

Hi all, want to attach a PDF document to my database records. It will only be one PDF per entry. I have had no luck yet. Any suggestions?

July 17, 2015 at 1:58 AM #14247

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

I’m not quite sure what you mean by you’ve had no luck so far. Could you please give me some more details about what the trouble is and what you’ve tried to rectify the problem? Even which app version will be helpful. There’s Mac, iPhone, and iPad versions.

Thanks,

Brendan

July 18, 2015 at 3:43 AM #14261

Scott
    Participant

Hi Brendan, I have the file attachment field but unsure of exact process to add my PDF to the record. Do I save the PDF to a cloud storage first- Dropbox etc? I try that and add it and Tap Forms says it is still in iCloud and I have to download it? Using Tapforms on iPad mainly. I have latest versions on iPhone and Mac as well. Thanks.

July 18, 2015 at 10:18 AM #14263

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

On the iPad version you have only access to the files that are in the Files area. If you have your PDF file in Dropbox or iCloud, you’ll have to download it to Tap Forms first before you can select it to be attached to your File Attachment field. You do that by tapping on the folder button at the bottom-right of the Files view and then choose the cloud service where you have the file. Then find the file and tap on it. It will be downloaded to Tap Forms. Then you can go back to your record, tap on the File Attachment field and then select the file you just downloaded.

Thanks,

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.