PDF attachment progress?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

jdmartin
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

Just wanted to check in and see if you’ve made any progress on giving us the ability to email the record as a PDF attachment? I know you said that this was probably on your short list of things to do, so I thought I’d see if you’ve been able to make any headway.

thanks…

Jim

January 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM #5023

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,

I actually worked on that last week, but the technique I was using was unsatisfactory to me. I was attempting to convert the HTML email version to a PDF and then emailing that, but the resulting PDF file was not high enough resolution. That’s because the technique I was using essentially converted the HTML page into an image and then that was converted to a PDF causing the resolution to go down and the file size to be huge. So I need to re-investigate this and use a different technique to regenerate the PDF manually, not based on the HTML that I generate for the email.

So it’s going to be a bit longer.

Thanks,

Brendan

January 4, 2012 at 9:13 PM #5024

jdmartin
    Participant

No problem, just glad to hear you are trying to add this feature. Unfortunately, I have to delay releasing this to our workforce until we have the PDF function, as that is what is being requested by our customers.

I agree wholeheartedly that we don’t want a sub-standard PDF, just to say we have it. It needs to follow the format of the email, and maintain your high standards.

I have faith that you will find a solution to this, as I’m quite sure that I’m not the only one who has requested this ability.

Jim

January 4, 2012 at 9:16 PM #5025

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jim,

Oh ya, you’re definitely not the only one who requested this feature. I know how to do it properly. It’s just a lot more work. I was trying the easy way first, but the quality wasn’t good. I’ll get it though!

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.