PDF attachment

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Lois Schmick
    Participant

I have attached a PDF to my File Attachment Field. I can see the PDF attachment when in single column list view. When I am in the multi column list view, I do not see any indication that there is a PDF in the File Attachment Field. What am I doing wrong?

thank you,
    Lois

March 5, 2020 at 1:29 PM #39751

Jim Burgess
    Participant

Hi Lois,
    In MCLV, the column for the field containing your attachments should show the full file name(s) including extension. The column width might have to be adjusted to see the full name.

But AFAIK in MCLV there isn’t a way to display an attachment in its app directly from the grid. You would have to display the field below the grid in a layout so you could easily get to the icons.

March 5, 2020 at 2:34 PM #39753

Lois Schmick
    Participant

Hmmm, I am doing something wrong. MCLV does not show any indication that there is a pdf – not matter the size of the column. There is a name in the Name field…. This is not on the app. It is on my IMac….

March 5, 2020 at 3:35 PM #39756

Jim Burgess
    Participant

Lois,
    Attached is a screen shot that shows what I was referring to (hopefully I’m understanding your question ok).

Note that item 4 shows an ellipsis when the last part of the filename is cut off. Also if there are multiple attachments like item 2 the MCLV only shows the first one. The botton half displays what you see in SCLV and would allow you to open the attachments in the appropriate app.

Hope this helps.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    March 5, 2020 at 4:34 PM #39758

Lois Schmick
    Participant

Well, our bottoms look the same, but not our tops! Oops, perhaps not politically correct techno phrasing! Thank you for trying to help. I’ll close it out and try again tomorrow!

March 6, 2020 at 6:55 AM #39766

Lois Schmick
    Participant

It is working correctly today. Perhaps I added the file incorrectly the first time or it just wanted a nap! Thank you for your help.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.