Pasting into a new text field crashes the app

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Pasting into a new text field crashes the app

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

HappyTapper
    Participant

As the title says, sometimes when creating a new record, filling in the previous fields and moving to the text box, pasting from another app will crash TapForms. This only seems to happen when the app is opened for the first time. Have you ever heard of this?

Thanks

April 6, 2015 at 8:12 PM #13304

Brendan
    Keymaster

Can you please email me the crash report that comes up so I can see why it crashed? Also, is it rich text you’re pasting in or are you using the Paste as Plain Text command or the regular paste command?

April 7, 2015 at 4:50 AM #13311

HappyTapper
    Participant

Hi Brendan, no crash report comes up. It just exits. This is on the iPad so there’s no real option for the type of pasting I’m doing. I’m copying data from another iOS app and adding it to the text field.

When it does crash, it crashes every single time. The previous field entries are saved for the record but the text entry is not. The only way to get past this is to paste into the iOS notepad first and then into the text field. So, you might be onto something when you ask about the type of text being pasted.

April 8, 2015 at 1:13 PM #13322

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah sorry about that. It wasn’t clear which version you were talking about, so I assumed the Mac version.

Could you please email me a sample of the kind of content you’re trying to paste that causes the crash? Perhaps I can reproduce the crash problem and find out why it’s happening.

Does it happen in a Note field or just a plain Text field or both?

Thanks,

Brendan

April 9, 2015 at 4:56 AM #13331

HappyTapper
    Participant

Hi, next time it happens I will send the content. This only happens in a Note field.

April 13, 2015 at 5:12 PM #13370

HappyTapper
    Participant

Here’s an update. No need to even paste and I can consistently cause the app to crash to the home screen.

1) Open TapForms on iPad
    2) Select a database
    3) Choose new record or edit an existing one. In this case I started with a new record
    4) Add info to other fields then tap on the text field – text field is blank
    5) Tap on the screen to get the cursor and the keyboard
    6) On the row of text editing options, tap on the 12 to change the font size
    7) Choose 16
    8) App crashes to the home screen. No crash report.

Choosing any font size will crash the app. I’ve made a video of the process of crashing the app if you need it.

Cheers

April 13, 2015 at 5:27 PM #13376

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, seeing the video would be helpful. I can’t reproduce it with the beta version.

If you would like to try the beta version to see if the problem is fixed for you, please email me and I’ll send you an invitation.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.