Password Change

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Jeffba3
    Participant

I entered my 4 digit code on my iPhone Tap Forms app and it said it was the wrong. I have never changed it. Anything I can do to get by the 4 digit code to my data.

September 18, 2011 at 2:02 AM #4843

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Jeff,

Did this happen right after upgrading to the latest version? Or have you upgraded for a little while now and then it just started happening?

If you power off and on your device, are you able to get in again with your passcode?

Thanks,

Brendan

September 18, 2011 at 4:45 AM #4844

Jeffba3
    Participant

I have been using tap forms for quite awhile and never changed the 4 digit code. I have an iPhone 3G and keep all my apps updated.

I powered it down and then powered it back up, but no change. I still can’t get by the 4 digit code. Is there a backdoor code I can use?

September 18, 2011 at 4:53 AM #4845

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jeff,

Ok, well I’m sorry for this problem. Perhaps somehow during a sync, the passcode got wiped out in the iPhone’s keychain.

You will have to uninstall Tap Forms and re-install it to be able to login again. But this process will delete your data. So, to prevent any data loss, you will need backup your data from Tap Forms to your computer first.

To do this, plug your device into iTunes, and then using iTunes File Sharing, copy the files inside the Tap Forms Documents area to your computer. Then uninstall Tap Forms and re-download it from the App Store. You won’t be charged again.

To get to iTunes File Sharing, plug your device in, launch iTunes, click on your device name under the Devices section in iTunes, then on the right, click on the Apps button. Then scroll down to the iTunes File Sharing area. You should see Tap Forms listed there. Click on it and you’ll see the Tap Forms Documents area on the right. Now, drag each file and folder to your desktop on your computer.

Now that you safely have your files on your computer, you can delete Tap Forms from your device and then go to the App Store and re-download it.

If all you had on your device was the TapForms_db.sqlite file, then you can simply drag that back into the Tap Forms Documents area inside iTunes after you’ve re-installed. You can then launch Tap Forms and you’ll have your data back.

If you had photos and audio recordings, then there’s a couple other steps you need to do. First, take all the files and folders you copied from Tap Forms that are now on your desktop and Zip them up into a single zip file and rename it to be “TF-MyBackup.zip”. Now, drag that one file into the Tap Forms Documents area in iTunes. Now, launch Tap Forms and go to the Backup & Restore area on the Tools tab. You should see your TF-MyBackup.zip file there. Tap on it and then tap the “Restore Backup” button.

Let me know if you have any troubles with this. And again, sorry for the trouble with the passcode.

Brendan

September 19, 2011 at 11:29 PM #4846

Jeffba3
    Participant

I followed your instructions and it worked. Thank you.

May 19, 2019 at 5:34 AM #34914

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

I just encountered the problem described in this thread.

Like the original poster in this thread I have never changed my password and I have been using tap forms for quite some time.

I powered off and then powered on my iPhone, password still not working.

I am not sure if there was a recent update that made the passcode now not work. But I do regularly update as well. So if there has been a recent update perhaps that caused this problem? Who knows…

In any event, I’d like to try to uninstall and reinstall tap forms on my iPhone as described above. However I see that this post is from 2011. Before going through the steps above I’d like to know if there’s anything more recent that I can read and follow that will help this problem, or does the above still all goal according to the way it is written for 2019?

May 19, 2019 at 4:40 PM #34916

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Irene,

Sorry for this trouble.

Wow, I can’t believe this thread is 8 years old already! Time flies!

Is it Tap Forms 5 that you have? If it’s the older Tap Forms 4.x version then the above instructions would still apply.

No update should have caused the database to not accept your password any longer.

Do you have the Mac version?

May 20, 2019 at 3:42 AM #34919

Irene Oudyk-Suk
    Participant

Tap Forms 5 version 5.3.7 (Build 1819)

mac version

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.