Password button

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

RicD
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Nice update for the Mac. Oops, still using my iPhone 3GS thus I cannot update that app. The new feature, checkbox in the password field, I like it a lot.

In a form with a long list scrolling is choppy, or sometimes does not scroll. Must let go of the scroll bar wait a moment then again start. Thought that if you were not aware of that you may want to be. The list is 153 entries, each having six short fields. Yes, I know a minor inconvenience.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM #9140

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ric,

Is this in the multi-column list view or the single column list view that it’s choppy?

Also, what kind of computer are you running and what OS version? Mavericks tends to be quicker than the older versions at scrolling.

Also, I’m not sure what the attached screenshot has to do with your post.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 22, 2014 at 11:28 AM #9144

RicD
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    All my forms are single column list view, the original default setup. Please see the screen shot

MBP 15″, Mavericks 10.9.1, 8 GB RAM, 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

TapForms Version 2.1 (449)

Performed the TapForms maintenance, still as I pull down the scroll bar the scrolling is quite choppy. The scroll bar will stop then move to catch up with the mouse, then stop. Even moving the mouse slow there it is choppy; not a new occurrence it has always been this way.

Forms have over forty-eight entries have scrolling issues, below that number scrolling seems to be somewhat okay. See the list of my forms number count.

Hope that explanation helps you.

Cordially,

RicD

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    February 22, 2014 at 1:13 PM #9148

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ric,

Thanks for the info. I’ll see what I can do to speed it up. It’s probably because as records are brought into view as you scroll, Tap Forms goes back to the database to fetch more information. So the speed of your hard drive can be a factor in scrolling performance. I have a fast SSD and a core i7 CPU, so I don’t notice the performance issues. But improving the performance is a top priority for me for this year.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 22, 2014 at 9:58 PM #9153

RicD
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Thank you for that information. From your comment a SSD would be a worthy upgrade, however, I do not know if it is possible for this late 2011 MBP.

Looked in System information for the speed of the HDD did not see it. My guess it is a 5,200 speed.

Cordially,
    RicD

February 22, 2014 at 10:15 PM #9154

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Ric,

Oh for sure you can upgrade. SSD drives are directly compatible with the slots the HDD goes in. In fact, with one of my older MBPs, I replaced the SuperDrive with an SSD and also had the regular HDD in also. So it had 2 drives. I hadn’t used my SuperDrive in over a year so I thought it was a perfect thing to do. It was great. I had the HDD for the photos and other multi-media files and the SSD for the operating system and apps. It worked very well. I’ve since upgraded to mid 2012 MBP with the core i7 @ 2.7 Ghz and the 768 GB SSD drive with 16 GB of RAM. It’s smokin’ fast!

Thanks!

Brendan

February 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM #9155

RicD
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Your comment sounds quite interesting, I will look into it. First comes the new iPhone, hoping for a larger screen I passed on the 5S, maybe iPhone 6 will come with one and the A8 chip. After that then a SSD, like the idea of a SSD. Thank you for your input.

Cordially,

RicD

February 23, 2014 at 12:38 PM #9156

Brendan
    Keymaster

I bought my SSD from here:

http://eshop.macsales.com/shop/SSD/OWC/

They come with instructions and even all the tools you need in order to open up your MacBook and install the SSD.

Brendan

February 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM #9157

RicD
    Participant

Ah, very good thank you. Today I looked at Crucial, I will now look at your link. Appreciate you sending the link.

RicD

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.