Passcode or encryption key not functioning after last update

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Passcode or encryption key not functioning after last update

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hey there,

Some customers have recently told me that their pass codes are no longer allowing them into Tap Forms. This may have been caused by something I changed in the app while preparing for iCloud support with regards to the secure keychain on the iPhone.

The workaround for this issue is to follow the steps below:

1. Using iTunes File Sharing: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094 copy the TapForms_db.sqlite file and all the other files and folders you see in the Tap Forms Documents area to your hard drive.

2. Put the TapForms_db.sqlite and all the folders (Photos, Audio Recordings, Share, Drawings, etc.) into a zip file called TF-MyBackup.zip. The MyBackup part can be anything you like, but the TF- and .zip parts of the file name must be like that.

3. Now that you have your backup of your data, delete Tap Forms from your device.

4. Re-download it for free from the App Store.

5. Launch Tap Forms. You should have the default database there now.

5. Using iTunes File Sharing again, copy the TF-MyBackup.zip file from your computer into the Tap Forms Documents area in iTunes.

6. Go to the Backup & Restore area in Tap Forms under the Tools area.

7. Tap on the TF-MyBackup.zip file there.

8. Tap the Restore Backup button.

That should do it.

I recommend making a backup of your data and either uploading it to Dropbox or copy it to your computer from time to time just in case.

Thanks,

Brendan

August 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM #6478

gracels
    Participant

The procedure described above didn’t work, but I removed and reinstalled then synced over iCloud. Bingo, everything is fine, even the four records I thought I had lost. Still, a scary experience.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.