OS X Single-Column View preview missing

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

czuch
    Participant

Hi there,

Using the OS X version (3.5.9) and I usually edit text fields in transcript mode (because it’s annoying to have to open a window just to enter text).
    The problem is that the corresponding single-column view text field doesn’t update when I edit text in the transcript, I have to actually close and reopen the Form.

Thanks,

Czuch

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    December 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM #15459

czuch
    Participant

It also seems that there’s another issue: If editing in transcript mode and then switching to Multi-column view the last edit to the text field is lost unless you’ve switched from transcript to Default Layout while still in single-column view.

December 14, 2015 at 1:57 PM #15472

Brendan
    Keymaster

Click just outside the Note field on the custom layout area before you switch views. Tap Forms saves when you click outside of it.

December 14, 2015 at 1:57 PM #15473

Brendan
    Keymaster

And that will also update the single-column list view too.

December 14, 2015 at 2:12 PM #15475

czuch
    Participant

And that will also update the single-column list view too.

Yes but I need to switch views for the single-column list views to update. I’d love to be able to edit using the transcript layout and have the single-column updated dynamically, without having to switch views at all. I think it does make sense for that view to be updated after I click outside the note like you say?

December 14, 2015 at 3:09 PM #15482

Brendan
    Keymaster

Well, the cell will be updated for the currently selected record, but if you want the order to be affected, then you can just click the refresh button at the bottom of the single-column list view to resort the records without having to switch to the other view and back.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.