OS X: Multi-column view text field edit

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

czuch
    Participant

Hi there,

It would be truly great if one could edit text fields on OS X in multi-column view without having to open a separate window and actually having to click Cmd+s to save and then click on the red circle to close the window.

It would make editing text-field based forms so much simpler.

Thanks,

Carles

December 13, 2015 at 10:08 AM #15461

czuch
    Participant

I realized my text field is actually a note. I do that for display purposes on iOS and so perhaps it’s the intended behavior here.

December 14, 2015 at 1:54 PM #15471

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yes, you can edit the contents of a Text field directly in the multi-column list view on Mac, but just not for Note fields because they require much more space than is available in a cell there. So I open up a new window.

December 14, 2015 at 2:22 PM #15476

czuch
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

While I have you here, is it possible to convert a Note field into a Text field on an existing Form with tons of records?

December 14, 2015 at 3:07 PM #15479

Brendan
    Keymaster

Yup. But you’ll lose any formatted text that you had. Just change the Field Type from Note to Text.

December 14, 2015 at 3:08 PM #15480

Brendan
    Keymaster

Oh, but if you have any custom layout objects for your Note fields, then you’ll have to delete the object from your layout and drag out a new one from the Fields list on the right after you’ve converted to Text.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.