Opening the Sample Form crashes Tap Forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Opening the Sample Form crashes Tap Forms

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author

obisbis
    Participant

Brendan, I’m not sure if this happens only in the ad-hoc build you sent me (1.9.2 Beta 1) or if it happens in the released version as well. But if you tap the “Sample Form” form then Tap Forms terminates. I don’t use that form anymore but I can see how new users would be disappointed when starting to learn to use the app for the first time.

Please ignore if you can’t repro, but I can repro everytime with the build I have.

-o

February 27, 2010 at 7:05 AM #3958

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi,

Ya, the build I sent you has some problems which I’m fixing now. I haven’t sent the build you have to Apple yet. I’ll send you a new build when I’ve fixed these problems.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 27, 2010 at 7:10 AM #3959

obisbis
    Participant

To-Do and Shopping List forms as well.

February 27, 2010 at 7:11 AM #3960

obisbis
    Participant

Ok cool, thx.

February 28, 2010 at 4:43 AM #3963

Anonymous
    Inactive

The sample form also crashes when the user has no images in their library on their device and you click on the image field of one of the sample forms. This happened for me with the build just prior to 1.9 and I could reproduce everytime. I was very hesitant to buy the app when this happened to me as I was trying the free version. Once I realized it was because i had no images on my ipod i figured it was a minor issue. I bought Tap Forms and it has worked flawlessly since but you might want to fix that because it will turn off new customers trying this out. As soon as i added an image to my ipod the crash went away.

February 28, 2010 at 4:46 AM #3964

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello BattleFeast,

I am aware of this issue. I have corrected it in the latest full version. I haven’t released the latest lite version to Apple yet as I’m working on adding in-app purchasing so you can easily upgrade the lite to the full version.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 9, 2010 at 8:57 AM #4020

jaeger
    Participant

Hi There,

really nice app!

but… I’ve got a similar problem:

I want just remove the sample form from my app.. so i deleted the 2 sample records, but on the main screen the “Sample Form” is still there (still showing the number “1” who thells there is 1 record), but if i click to open it (the sample form) the app crashes.

tried also to add a new record no this form and then delete them, but the app crashes…

is it a bug or i am wrong?

Thanks

Marc Jäger

Got Form Tap (full version) 1.9.2 in italian language.

April 9, 2010 at 11:18 PM #4027

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Marc,

Hmm… I’ve tried to replicate this bug, but am unable to do so. Can you please upgrade to the latest version (1.9.5 and soon to be 1.9.6 when Apple approves it) and try again?

Thanks,

Brendan

April 9, 2010 at 11:19 PM #4030

Brendan
    Keymaster

Marc,

By the way, if you want to delete the entire form and not just the records in the sample form, you would go to the Customize Forms section on the Tools tab, then tap the Sample Form, then tap the action menu button at the top-right of the screen, then tap “Delete Form”. That will delete all records in the form and the form itself.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 12, 2010 at 8:04 AM #4034

jaeger
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

the update fixed this issue for me. Thank you!

Thanks also for the advice to delete the entire form..

Cheers,

Marc

September 1, 2010 at 6:42 PM #4172

Anonymous
    Inactive

I just downloaded tap forms 1.9.10. The app crashes whenever I try to enter any information into a form or even create a new form. It pretty much crashes whenever it wants to. I tried rebooting my phone and also re-downloading the app. Nothing is working. How do I get a refund or fix this.

September 1, 2010 at 6:54 PM #4173

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Chommes,

I’m very sorry for the crashes. I clearly didn’t test this update enough as there are a couple of spots where it’s crashing now. I am working on a fix and will have the 1.9.11 update released to Apple within the next couple of days.

Again, I’m very sorry for the trouble.

Brendan

Viewing 11 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.