opening Tap Forms immediatly kills wifi connection in iPad

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms opening Tap Forms immediatly kills wifi connection in iPad

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

Astrid Koeppe
    Participant

I’m having a very strange problem here. I have an iPad pro, 10.3.1.
    Whenever I open tap forms, my wifi connections seems to switch off by default.The little spinning thingy beside the wifi bars appears, spins a few times and then the wifi bars grey out.
    Then an error message pops up, “no internet connection”. Right now I am trying to sync, so obviously I need internet…

I tried the usual trouble shooting (on/off, renew lease, resetting network and whatnot; which actually helped with a few other apps and the general tendency of dropping the connection) – but I still have the same problem in tap forms. It just disconnects. Every single time and right away.

What to do? I am going bonkers here.

Thanks a bunch!
    Astrid

April 24, 2017 at 7:21 AM #22718

Leo
    Participant

Have you tried closing all apps (swipe up) and after that a reset (home and power button)

This way all memory is released.

April 24, 2017 at 11:15 AM #22719

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Astrid,

I had one beta tester a while ago have a similar problem. It turns out they had a faulty WiFi router. Replacing it solved all their networking problems. Not sure if that’s the same case here.

April 24, 2017 at 12:06 PM #22720

Leo
    Participant

Astrid,

referring to Brendan,

if you use an old Time Machine as a router this could also be the problem. I Also had a lot of problems with the wifi connection after Osx update 10.xx an later. Losing internet connection, not the wifi at first and later wifi also (in the same wifi session). Nothing seems to help. Finally I replaced Time Machine with a new router and all of the lost connections are history.

April 24, 2017 at 3:24 PM #22721

Astrid Koeppe
    Participant

Hi Leo,
    thanks, but it doesn’t seem to be a memory problem, I had nothing else open really…

April 24, 2017 at 3:30 PM #22722

Astrid Koeppe
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

thanks a lot for getting in touch so quickly!
    That could be it I suppose, my router has in fact been acting up a little recently. Still works with the other apps on the ipad though. Strange.
    In any case I’ll get a new router now, I guess it’s about time.Five years old… (not an old Time Machine router though, Leo. But good to hear somebody had the same issue!).

Will report back. Thanks again!

May 13, 2017 at 12:06 PM #23124

Astrid Koeppe
    Participant

Okay, it took me (or rather my provider) a while, but it turns out it was indeed my router. Got a new one now – and the wifi doesn’t disconnect anymore. So thanks again!
    Trouble is I still can’t seem to sync as my Mac is too old apparently. Ah well.

May 13, 2017 at 2:36 PM #23133

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Astrid,

I’m glad a new router fixed the disconnect issues.

As long as you have the latest version of Tap Forms on all your devices you should be able to sync.

Are you saying you’re using an older version of Tap Forms on your Mac but a newer version on your iPad Pro? You need Tap Forms 5.x Mac to sync with Tap Forms 5.x iOS.

May 14, 2017 at 5:09 AM #23138

Astrid Koeppe
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

yes I’m afraid my MacbookPro is too old to run the new Tap Forms. Figured that out after buying it of course. Hopeful me then bought the 3.5version as well. The one that doesn’t seem to be available for iPad. So, still no way to sync it seems.
    Looks like I need to save up for a new MacbookPro.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.