One of two iPhones excluded from sync group

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms One of two iPhones excluded from sync group

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

numari
    Participant

I am trying to set up Dropbox cloud sync for two of my devices (iPhone 6, iPhone 6s) and two of my wife’s devices (iPhone 6, iPhone 6s plus).

The setup works fine for both my wife’s devices, but it only works for one mine. For me, only the device I set up first appears on the device list and is included in the sync. The second device can’t be included.

To narrow down the problem I set up the group to consist of just my two devices. The device I select first appears on the device list in both devices. Activating the second device does nothing. It doesn’t matter which device I set up first or second. The first is there and the second isn’t.

But turning off sync on the second device removes the first device and deletes the sync files from DropBox.

My devices have different names. I have turned off sync on all devices after every attempt at setting up the sync group.

Appreciate any help on this.

July 27, 2016 at 2:47 PM #17770

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Numari,

Is it possible that you at one time restored your other device from a backup of the first device? If so, it could be that both of your devices have the same randomly generated ID number that Tap Forms uses to uniquely identify each device.

I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing to see if that fixes it for you. Make sure you have a backup of your database you can restore to before you delete and the backup is stored off device.

Thanks!

Brendan

July 28, 2016 at 7:19 AM #17781

numari
    Participant

Yes, they are clones.

And yes reinstalled Taprooms on one of them and the problems is resolved.

Thanks very much!

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.