one backup for more devices?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

GerritB
    Participant

Hi everyone,
    Based on 2 CSV’s we have a form created. We have a number of fields added features such as field options in a list box or a picture field, a GPS location or date, … These we have made ​​as a backup. Now it is the intention that we daily blank backup and restore data entry do. At the end of the day we make them again backed up. The next day we returned to use the blank backup, but now that there is a cache memory which remains in the blank backup completed fields are empty except for the photo fields.
    Is there a solution for?
    Thanks!

February 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM #5987

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gerrit,

Try doing a force-quit of Tap Forms using the multi-tasking dock after you restore the database. See if that resolves the cacheing issue.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 22, 2013 at 3:47 AM #5988

GerritB
    Participant

Thanks Brendan, but it is still not working.
    Now i start from a clean installation of Tap Forms, all forms removed in Tap Forms then restore database (4 buttons), make a clean backup…to put to another device with Tap Forms.
    But now Tap Forms crash when i restore the backup file?

February 22, 2013 at 5:18 PM #5989

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Gerrit,

Can you send me your backup file and I’ll test it out?

Thanks!

Brendan

May 27, 2013 at 1:11 AM #6228

GerritB
    Participant

Hi Brendan,

We still use your great app.
    But is there maybe a possible solution to the photo cache question?
    kind regards,
    Gerrit

May 28, 2013 at 10:48 PM #6229

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Gerrit,

You could simply unzip the backup file, then remove all the unwanted photos, then re-zip the files again. Make sure you’re not just zipping the backup folder, but only zipping up the contents of the folder after you zip it up.

For example, if the backup was called “TF-iPhone 5-2012-10-07T02-17-16.zip” and you unzip it, your OS may create a folder called “TF-iPhone 5-2012-10-07T02-17-16”. Once you remove the photos from this folder, then make sure you open up that folder, then zip all of its contents. Don’t zip the “TF-iPhone 5-2012-10-07T02-17-16” folder itself.

That’s because when Tap Forms unzips the backup file, it expects all of the files to be at the top-level of the zip archive, not within a folder inside the zip archive.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.