Odd occurrence using equations and linking forms

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Odd occurrence using equations and linking forms

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

daffy
    Participant

Hi, I have a database for stock control of coloured crystals. I have a form that lists all the different size profiles and carries information about the weight of the crystals and I have a form that carries my stock take info for each colour and size combination.

I input the weight from my stock check and I have a calculation in one of the fields that takes the data from the crystal profile form and works out how many crystals I have in stock. For example I know that 1440x 4mm crystals weighs 50g and so if my stock check states there is 25g of this type of crystal, the database tells me I have approx 720 individual crystals.

Now, I went through the stock take this afternoon and selected the relevant profile from the other form and the calculation worked beautifully. But I just went to view my database and all the info in this particular field (the one that links to the other form) has disappeared.

I assumed it was my error, so I input the info again, but then they still disappeared. What makes it really weird is that the calculation is still showing and correct. The data is obviously still there somewhere, but why can’t I see it?

I will attach a screenshot, hoping someone can help. I’m wondering if it will be something daft that I have overlooked.

Cheers,
    Nicky

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    April 30, 2018 at 4:59 PM #28462

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Nicky,

Can you please email me a backup of your document so I can investigate this further? I’d like to run Tap Forms through my debugger with your document so I can see if there are any messages in the console log that will give me an idea why it’s not working right.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 1, 2018 at 6:57 AM #28492

daffy
    Participant

Sure, I will email it to you now. thanks :)

May 1, 2018 at 9:53 AM #28495

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Daffy,

I woke up this morning to see your note, but there’s no file from you in my email yet. Either you didn’t send it yet or it somehow got lost.

Thanks,

Brendan

May 5, 2018 at 10:20 AM #28558

daffy
    Participant

Hi Brendan, I’ve resent the email. I’m using the email address forums@tapforms.com, is that correct?
    Nicky

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.