Object Size

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Nancy Faraday
    Participant

Hello.

I have just downloaded the demo today, and I am very impressed. One element I would find helpful when building layouts is an object size dialog such as the one I am used to using with Filemaker Pro. I would like to be able to precisely set the size of each field and text box on the layout.

It would also be helpful to know the logic behind the Make Same Size and Make Same Width commands in Layout. I can’t predict which of the two or more objects will be chosen for the final size.

Finally, congratulations on the application. After only a few hours of experimenting, I am up and running and happy with the results.

April 27, 2014 at 7:14 PM #9747

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Nancy,

Your wish is my command. In the version 2.2 update, which is currently waiting for Apple to review it, I’ve added Position and Size as options for any selected object. So you’ll be able to be more precise with placing and sizing objects.

You’re right that the logic of “Make Same Size and Make Same Width” is not very logical. I’d like it to work based on the first selected object, but I don’t think it’s working like that at the moment. Technically it’s the first one that’s in the array of selected objects which should theoretically be the object you first selected, but I don’t think that’s always the case. I need to tweak that code to make it be more predictable.

Thanks!

Brendan

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.