Notes fields editing display truncating on iOS

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Notes fields editing display truncating on iOS

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

brucel
    Participant

Hi Brendan.
    Ive noticed an apparent bug in the latest IOS version 5.0.3 (although I first noticed it in 5.0.1). I have replicated this issue on iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6S. All on latest IOS 10.0.2. iMac is on 10.12.

When viewing Notes fields in display/edit mode, the display sometimes truncates after about 7-10 lines. The remainder of the display is blank but the data is still there. Selecting edit and selecting all text instantly causes it to display properly. Saving it/changing font/etc does not fix the problem. as soon as you save and exit then reselect notes, the issue reappears.

I have a couple of photos to illustrate.

Note the same issue does not occur on the MacOS version 5.0.7. (All synced via Cloudant). I have also tried editing the note in MacOS version, changing font etc and it saves fine on MacOS and the changes sync with IOS version but the note is still truncated on display.

regards
    Bruce

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    September 29, 2016 at 11:03 PM #19862

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

Hmm… I’m not seeing that behaviour on my iPad Pro 9.7. At least not in the cursory testing that I just did. I’ll keep testing it to see if I can make it happen. If you force-quit Tap Forms and re-launch it, does it still do that? Are you using a hardware keyboard or the software keyboard?

September 29, 2016 at 11:56 PM #19864

brucel
    Participant

Hi Brendan,
    Force quitting does not fix the issue. I am also using an iPad Pro 9.7. No hardware kbd just software in all cases.
    It occurs consistently on all my IOS devices.
    It only occurs when the Notes field has a number of lines in it (about 9-10+).

This db was imported originally from bento to TapForms 2/3 and then to Tapforms 5. It is only the new records added on an IOS device since Tapforms V5 that seem to be exhibiting this behaviour – and (of course!) not all.

I was wondering if it is a font issue. I have forced my MacOS default font to Helvetica regular 13 for notes fields and have now also selected this for IOS devices.
    Can you tell me what default fonts you use for Notes (on IOS and MacOS) so I can test my theory?

FYI, I am struggling to understand the two font adjustments in the IOS (iPad) edit note screen – one at the top right of the page (Aa) and one in the toolbar between the S/W keyboard and the text. Can you explain this as it may help understand this issue.

kind regards
    Bruce

September 30, 2016 at 3:54 PM #19868

Brendan
    Keymaster

The one above the keyboard is for setting the font for specifically selected text. The one at the top-right is to set the font for that particular note to the same value and it also sets the default used for new notes.

Thanks for the added info.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.