Notes field – need more lines

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

rgmundy
    Participant

I am new to Tap Forms. How can I increase the number of lines that show up in Notes field on the record. When I type in more than two lines, only one shows up, unless I press the return key at the right spot. But, even when I do this, I can only get two lines of Notes to show up on the record. Your sample form has 4 lines. Can you help?

April 21, 2010 at 6:32 AM #4051

Nigel Gray
    Participant

Hi,

I am also new to Tap Forms. Just checking out the Lite version at the moment and I’m very impressed.

However, I need to be able to create forms that accept and display much larger amounts of text e.g. outline notes for talks and sermons.

I look forward to reading your response.

April 21, 2010 at 6:35 AM #4052

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Rgmundy and Nigel,

You can see many many many lines of text when you tap on the note field. You will see a screen with a yellow background. You can scroll up and down to see more text. The Edit Record view displays up to 4 lines of text. But that’s just a sample of the content. Tapping the field lets you see the rest.

Thanks,

Brendan

April 21, 2010 at 9:31 AM #4054

Nigel Gray
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan. That was quick!

Having read feedback saying that your app was far better than Bento I sort of knew I must have been missing something fairly simple. My mistake. I had set up a field for ‘text’ instead of ‘note’ so wasn’t seeing any yellow screen. The note field type looks like it will do the job well (although formatting capability would be nice).

I think you’ve probably got yourself a new client.

Cheers,

Nigel

April 22, 2010 at 11:07 PM #4057

rgmundy
    Participant

Thanks, Brendan. For you quick response!

I tried what you said and it works. I noticed that to have four lines to show up you need to have at least 5 lines (even if the last line(s) are blank (just pressing the return key. Again, thanks for your help.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.