Notes field jumps to top of screen when clicked

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Notes field jumps to top of screen when clicked

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Michael Shapiro
    Participant

(My question is also embedded in the attached image.)

I’ve created a simple Layout with a large Notes field. When I click in the field, it jumps to the top of the view, pushing anything above out of sight. I find this to be a bit distracting, and it also requires that I scroll down in compensation every time I try to edit a Notes field. Is there a way to avoid this UI behavior?

This doesn’t happen if I use a large Text field instead. But I’d love to keep the ability to use bold and other formatting options.

Thanks!

Mike

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 17, 2022 at 12:19 PM #47497

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Ah I see what you mean. I think it’s just trying to bring that field into view, but I’ll see if it can be modified for a future version.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 17, 2022 at 12:22 PM #47498

Michael Shapiro
    Participant

Thanks for the speedy response! Hopefully this is something that can be easily addressed.

June 17, 2022 at 1:29 PM #47499

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Ok, so I was just digging into this part of my code. I wrote it a LONG TIME AGO :)

So the reason it’s doing this is because if you have a form that has a lot of fields on it, when you tab from field to field, I want Tap Forms to scroll the field you just tabbed to into view. So it scrolls the window to try and bring that field into view so you can see what you’re typing.

If I remove that code and you have a form that has a whole bunch of fields that are off screen, when you tab through to the different fields, you won’t be able to see the focused field unless you manually scroll the view.

So it wouldn’t be a good idea for me to remove this behaviour.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 17, 2022 at 1:34 PM #47500

Michael Shapiro
    Participant

Thanks for checking into this! (I hope you enjoyed the nostalgia of seeing your older handiwork.)

What explains the difference in behavior between Note and Text fields in this respect? If I set up a giant Text field it doesn’t seem to behave this way.

June 19, 2022 at 9:25 PM #47506

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

That’s a good question and I’ll have to dig into that further too.

Thanks,

Brendan

June 22, 2022 at 4:01 AM #47523

Anonymous
    Inactive

I believe it is merely attempting to bring that field into view, but I’ll check to see if it can be changed for a later release.
    magento 2 development services

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.