Note field text size different when printing and no save button

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms Note field text size different when printing and no save button

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

Jono
    Participant

My working environment: Tap Forms v5.3.23 (Build 1869), Mac mini (M1, 2020), macOS: Monterey v12.0.1

I’m new to the Mac version (and using a Mac!) so may have misunderstood something along the way, but when I’m printing a form (or saving to PDF), the Note field text is larger than the other text. As far as I can see, the same font size (13pt, Helvetica) has been used, as it displays the same size on screen as all the other fields. Also I noticed an extra blank page is added when printing. (I’ve attached a PDF example).

I’m sure you know this, but also there doesn’t seem to be a save or ok button to close the Note field. At the moment I’m clicking the small red (Mac) button to prompt to save.

Really enjoying using the app.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    November 30, 2021 at 4:06 PM #45869

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Jono,

There’s no Save button on the Note field editor window itself. Just press command-s to save it. Or if you close it without saving, Tap Forms will ask you then to save.

It looks like these are the defaults I’m using for printing fields on the default layout:

#define LABEL_FONT @"Helvetica Neue Bold"
    #define LABEL_FONT_SIZE 10
    #define VALUE_FONT @"Helvetica Neue"
    #define VALUE_FONT_SIZE 10
    #define SECTION_FONT @"Helvetica Neue Medium"

So if you want to match up, use point size 10 in the Note field. Tap Forms uses whatever font size you have specified in the Note field editor for your text.

I really need to make the other field fonts customizable there.

However, if you use a custom layout, you can customize all the fonts for everything. The content just must fit all on one page or you can create multiple custom layouts and link them together using the Print Next option on the Layout inspector panel.

As for the blank page, I’m not sure what caused that as my brief tests aren’t showing that for me. Perhaps something in the Note field causing that?

If you hide the Note field from printing or position it higher up, does the same thing happen?

Thanks,

Brendan

December 1, 2021 at 2:32 AM #45878

Jono
    Participant

Hi Brendan, thanks for your reply and explanations.

Changing the font and size does fix the printing issue, but of course the default layout note field text is now quite small to read (but that’s not a problem!). I’ll try making a custom layout in the next day or two.

I’ve tried hiding/moving (and also completly removing) the Note field without any success ie the second page (2/2) is still printed. However, if I change the page orientation to landscape it doesn’t happen, ie I just get the 1/1 page.

Best regards
    Jono

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.