Not Auto Locking After Sleep

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author

mrbill
    Participant

Hello- I’ve noticed that Tapforms is not auto locking when/after I put the computer to sleep. If Tapforms is open and I put the computer to sleep, it does not auto lock itself even though the option to auto lock is turned on. This occurs even if I have the computer asleep over night. As a result, I open my MBA, log-in, and tap forms is still wide open.

Any thoughts?

TF version: 3.5.1 on MBA with 10.9.5

Thx!

June 2, 2015 at 1:23 PM #13911

Brendan
    Keymaster

Do you have your database encrypted? The auto-lock works in conjunction with an encrypted database.

June 2, 2015 at 2:08 PM #13913

mrbill
    Participant

Howdy Brendan- I sure do (at least, I think I do.). Sorry, should have mentioned that. I’ve enclosed a snapshot just in case I’m loosing it (which would be nothing new).

Thx!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    June 3, 2015 at 10:37 AM #13923

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ah ok. I think the issue may be that there’s a timer that runs waiting for the system to be idle. But when you put the computer to sleep, it’s not detecting that and therefore the idle timer hasn’t fired yet. For now until I can look into this issue, you can press the lock button in the toolbar to lock the app immediately before you put it to sleep.

June 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM #13929

mrbill
    Participant

Got it… will do. Thx!

June 3, 2015 at 12:50 PM #13930

mrbill
    Participant

Hello Again- Just as an update, I changed the time to auto lockout to 2 min. Its not auto locking at all any longer. Error on my side?

Thx!

June 3, 2015 at 8:57 PM #13935

Brendan
    Keymaster

I just tested it and it seems to work. I encrypted the database, then turn on auto-lock, then set the timer to 2 minutes, then closed the Preferences window. I quit Tap Forms, launched it again, logged in, then left my computer for about 5 minutes. When I came back to it, it was at the lock screen as it should have been.

It won’t lock if you just put it in the background and keep using your computer. Any mouse movement or keyboard activity will reset the timer.

June 4, 2015 at 1:32 PM #13937

mrbill
    Participant

Howdy- Yup, got it. I misunderstood auto lock as locking after not using TapForms. No problem. I’ll just have to remember to lock it down before I put the laptop to sleep in case I loose it while traveling.

Thx!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.