Non-printing layout elements

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Brendan,

Does Tap Forms support designating elements on a custom layout to be non-printing? For example, one of my layouts has a bit of static text to the side of a Notes field that says “To show the formatting ruler: ctl-cmd-R”. I wouldn’t want that to print. I could also see a use case where certain fields might contain sensitive information that the user might want to see on the screen but not have printed. Any way to do this now? A logical place to have this control would be to add another checkbox column in the Layers tab of the Layout sidebar.

And speaking of the Layout sidebar: if I hover my cursor on the border between my custom layout and the Layout sidebar, then the cursor changes to the standard “change column width” cursor style. But it doesn’t look like it’s functional there.

Thanks,
    Mike

BTW, I just downloaded v 5.1. I haven’t had a chance yet to check out all the changes, but I did take a peak at the Calculation Field editor and think it’s brilliant! Congratulations on the release!

April 28, 2017 at 9:46 PM #22783

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

There’s nothing like that, but you could use the Duplicate Layout function and create a layout that has the non-printable stuff and one for printing. You could call one layout “Print” and another “Non-Print”.

As for the resize cursor, you can drag the divider line all the way to the right and it’ll snap closed. But I just noticed that the toolbar button gets out of sync if you do that.

I’m glad you like the new formula editor screen! Thanks!

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.