No retention of original date created field when export then import

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms No retention of original date created field when export then import

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Zippidty Doodah
    Participant

I am cleaning documents and rearranging where records will eventually land, most into different documents.

I am having trouble when exporting records in retaining the original date created field which is crucial for searching records.

I export several records from the database into a csv file, to be imported into a new or already existing document only to find that the original “date created” field has been populated with the current date.

What am I missing in the export process? Should not the date created transfer over?

Thanks

November 3, 2022 at 7:01 PM #48188

Brendan
    Keymaster

I would suggest using the Export Tap Forms Archive format instead of the CSV format to transfer a form to a different document.

The CSV import will set the creation date to the current date because that’s when the record is physically created again. But with a Tap Forms Archive file, it’s just a verbatim copy of the records from the source document.

November 7, 2022 at 6:39 PM #48211

Zippidty Doodah
    Participant

Thanks Brandon.

Using Archive format pulls all the records, right?

Any way to pick and choose which records to pull? I don’t want all the records from an Archive format export to be imported into new documents I am creating.

I’ve tried creating a search set of records on specific criteria, then highlight that search trying to export but don’t see the choice th use the Archive format on a Search collection of records to be able to retain the original creation date of the records.
    TIA

November 8, 2022 at 2:23 AM #48214

Brendan
    Keymaster

If you create a Saved Search, then when you use the Export Tap Forms Archive function, it will only export the records that match the search criteria for the selected search.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.