No password prompt when in script edit mode

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Script Talk No password prompt when in script edit mode

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

obisbis
    Participant

TapForms is not prompting for a password after returning to an open script.

I have a form with a s script field in it. If I open the script to view/edit it and then switch to another app and back to TapForms then I’m not prompted for a password. However, if the focus is anywhere else in TapForms before switching to another app and back then I get prompted for a password.

Here is my environment:

– iPad with latest iPadOS build
    – Enable Touch ID: On
    – Auto-Lock: immediately

Also, if I just let the screen time out while viewing a script in TapForms, and pressing the home button on the iPad to wake it, I’m not prompted for a password.

February 3, 2020 at 2:26 AM #39444

Brendan
    Keymaster

Is it an encrypted document you’re working with or did you password protect the entire app?

February 3, 2020 at 2:40 AM #39445

obisbis
    Participant

I encrypted the database under Tools | Security Settings.

February 3, 2020 at 3:32 AM #39447

obisbis
    Participant

Brendan, I didn’t know that you could encrypt the entire app from the main page by clicking on the lock icon at the bottom right. Very cool! :-)

Just checked and it seemed to function properly when I secured the entire app. It’s only when the encryption is at the document level that it doesn’t prompt for the password.

February 3, 2020 at 2:14 PM #39458

Brendan
    Keymaster

That’s not actually encrypting the entire app.

The only encryption is at the document level because the database itself is encrypted.

The app lock is really just a facade. It’s locking access to the app, but not encrypting the documents within.

February 3, 2020 at 7:13 PM #39472

obisbis
    Participant

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Sorry, I meant secure/lock the entire app and not encrypt the app.

February 4, 2020 at 2:38 AM #39474

Brendan
    Keymaster

Ok, I’ve fixed this bug for the next update. Thanks for reporting it.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.