no function to export/import individual records!

Tap Forms – Organizer Database App for Mac, iPhone, and iPad Forums Using Tap Forms no function to export/import individual records!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    January 7, 2011 at 5:11 PM #4332

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Harry,

You can email yourself an individual record. But when you export, Tap Forms will export either all the records in the list or only those records returned from a search. So if you can search and have Tap Forms display a single record, then you can export that single record as a CSV. Otherwise just tap the action menu button at the top-right of the record details screen and then tap “Email Record”.

Thanks!

Brendan

January 7, 2011 at 6:16 PM #4333

plisvb
    Participant

A feature request here along the lines of this topic. To be able to customize the output of an individual record. A perfect real world example of this would be an invoice.

Also, now that 4.2 supports print, how about print straight from the iPhone. I’d love to fill out a form and press print on my iPhone/iPad and have the invoice print.

I know that these may be complicated features but I’d figure I’d ask.

Thanks for the great work and big thanks for being so responsive in these forums.

Peter

January 8, 2011 at 10:28 AM #4334

harry.ko
    Participant

German below

Hi Brendan

Thanks for your reply.

Another question … how do I import a record from an email?

I Want To Tap Forms to use with my musicians to share songs (my own songs).

The database will contain the songs with all information.

So I must be able to exchange (via email / dorpbox) the songs!

Thanks

Harry

Hallo Brendan

Danke für Deine Antwort.

Eine andere Frage, … wie importiere ich einen Datensatz aus einer Email?

Ich möchte “Tap Forms” nutzen um mit meinen Mitmusikern Lieder auszutauschen.

Die Datenbank soll die Songs mit Angaben enthalten.

So muss ich die Möglichkeit haben ( über Email/dorpbox) die einzelnen Lieder auszutauschen!

Danke

Harry

January 9, 2011 at 5:50 AM #4337

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hello Harry,

Unfortunately there’s no straightforward easy way to do that right now. You would probably need to maybe upload your songs to Dropbox and then just share the links with your musicians. Or you could beam your records to them if they were nearby. But beaming doesn’t transmit files right now.

I hope to improve this area in a future update. I’d like Tap Forms to be able to import a CSV file from an email.

Thanks,

Brendan

February 1, 2011 at 11:15 PM #4370

lmkendall
    Participant

Brendan:

As a work-around for harry.ko’s request, could TapForms import/paste CVS records from the clipboard? One could copy information (in the correct format) from an EMail to the clipboard and paste it to the aplication?

lmk

February 1, 2011 at 11:40 PM #4371

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi Harry & Imk,

In my next update I have added the ability for Tap Forms to import a CSV file that was emailed to you. When you receive an email on your iPhone or iPad with a CSV file attachment, you’ll be able to tap-and-hold on it to bring up the “Open With…” menu. Tap Forms will be available to you from that menu. When you select Tap Forms, it will launch and take you straight to the File Import screen with that file already selected. Importing that file will create a new form with all those records. If you wanted to import into a previously created form, you would cancel out of the import and then find the form you want to import into and then select “Import Records”. The files imported from an email will automatically be copied into your Imports folder.

Hope that’s what you’re looking for!

Brendan

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.